The past few days have been busy:
- The Home School Legal Defense Fund got involved.
- The American Family Association got involved.
- Subway’s partner in the contest, Scholastic, posted an apology of sorts on multiple homeschool sites, but nothing yet from their site itself. So pardon my skepticism. The alleged apology sites “Our intention was never to make independent schooled children feel discriminated against or excluded from this specific promotion … and will make sure eligibility is open to everyone in future promotions.”
- Subway’s spokesman Kevin Kane, in response to the issue that is quickly getting out of hand for them: “Unfortunately, I do not have enough information at this point to respond”
- Subway did, however, find time to correct the spelling errors noted on the contest page. (See my previous Subway post for the errors).
Apparently Subway has their priorities. Unfortunately for them, that doesn’t include the issue at hand, nor Quizno’s rapidly growing market share. Yeah, ticking off upwards of 10 million Americans is a much better strategy…
BTW, GREAT article at American Thinker on the entire issue. And then some.