The Question…

Written by Scott

Topics: Faith, Family, Social Media

image

JoAnn got a call earlier from our now-former midwife, following up on the earlier call that out care was being transferred out to the perinatology area of Franciscan in Tacoma.

She asked the question above, one that we’ve been asked a few times since last week. An expected one, but one we really don’t have an answer for…yet. It’s not a dreaded question…it’s just…one we can’t really answer.

The fact is that we don’t know what we’re dealing with until the genetic testing results come in. Like I’ve written, the potential issues run the gamut, as do the treatment options.

We could end up giving birth in Tacoma. We could end up transferring and delivering at Seattle Children’s Hospital in Seattle. We just don’t know yet.

And so our reaction right now is…well…attenuated, tempered.

The results of the genetic testing will provide a lot of answers, and a roadmap for care.

So we wait. We’ll be better able to answer that question sometime within a week, hopefully.