Lessons from Paul Christoforo…
Subtitle: What NOT To Do.
If you don’t know the name yet, you should.
You see, he’s gone viral, and not at all in a good way. Read the article, or search his name, stand back, and be utterly amazed…
But what can we learn from Paul?
Here’s a few samplers:
1. Don’t be a jerk. It’s a great general rule.
2. When representing a company, definitely don’t be a jerk.
3. When representing your own company, you’d be an utter fool to be a jerk at the levels Paul was (and continues to be even now).
4. Nobody cares what your age is…it is irrelevant. Well, except to insurance companies. Maturity matters, not age.
5. Threatening people is never a great tactic.
6. Always consider email public.
7. Own up to your mistakes. For real, not kinda-sorta then take back the next day.
8. Keep your ego in check. If you read through Paul’s emails–and check his tweets since, you’ll see this is perhaps the crux of his issues.
We may end up with a new rule out of this: don’t be a Paul. Just don’t.
Subtitle: What NOT To Do. If you don’t know the name yet, you should. Now would be a great time, if for no other reason than helping this post make some kind of sense. A good overview is here, courtesy of BusinessInsider.com. You see, he’s gone viral, and not at all in a good way.…